Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Been together ...


“ The only person worthy of your love is not one who overstayed in the relationship without a single change, but one, who appeared like an angel, and used a single day to make a million change. ” 
 Michael Bassey Johnson



We humans cannot survive alone. We are social beings who need constant buzzing of other humans around us. We need our friends or family for consolation in grief, for support in distress, for expressing ourselves and for just been there. I am not a person who got  much of the self expressing gene in me. I prefer to grieve alone or to sort out my problems by myself. But on some days of life, we just need the assurance that someone is actually there for us. Someone is looking after us. And that’s when friends and family comes in picture.

Student life for us is a total carefree life. Nothing can wrong for us then. Life looks so possible and full of hopes. And it was no different for me and my friends too. But one morning I woke up to an inbox full of messages and lots of missed calls saying that one of my best friends met with an accident and didn’t survive it. He was living in another city and was just back home for a week. It was only the previous day I spend time with him and the next day I woke up to hear his demise. That was one moment when even tears failed to acknowledge their presence. The moment when you feel so awake yet felt dreaming. That day itself his family arranged for his final rituals, and I have never seen something like that before. Losing a person is sad, but when that person is very young, it’s just terrible.

The next day, I left for class, even when I didn’t had the energy or mind. But been at home and engulfing in grief was more than I could handle. So escaping into the cheerfulness of campus was the only way. I went early that day, because I needed that time to compose myself before my gang came and start consoling me. But when I reached, saw the least expected person. He was one person who never reached class before the lecture starts. And here he was now, an hour before the college time. He was sitting at his usual place as if waiting for me, to assure me of his friendship and companionship. That moment I realized, I may have lost one friend to the past, but there are still some more beautiful friends around me to ensure my happiness and smiles.  And for a long time, wherever I went he was somewhere around the scene, maybe to make sure I was fine.  Also should add, that was the only day he reached class before me in all the four years of our college life. 

We both have our differences and fights, and we still show our attitude to each other for days. We are miles away and it’s been almost two years since we last saw each other. But it’s just a matter of a message or a miss call, and there ends our ego and we both know that no matter what, we are there for each other.  When there are friends and dear ones with us to hold our hands, or just to stand beside us during our not so good days, that itself gives us enough confidence to move on. And that’s the fragrance of friendship and strength of togetherness.

***

Linking this to Housing.com



2 comments :

  1. So sad with the loss of your friend; you are right, I think it is harder when the person is younger, totally catches one more by surprise than an older person with the "natural circle of life" where you expect the older person to pass on first. It is nice that you have the friendship you have with this person that you know even if you don't see each other for a few years, you can still be there for each other; glad he was there to help you on that day you needed a bit more comfort.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also he was there... thank you for reading. :)

      Delete