Wednesday, April 13, 2016

K for ... #AtoZChallenge2016


"Kaleidoscope of Life"


Dear Ma, 

Did you notice me gone? Or you still in the assumption I'm at work?

I didn't want to do this. But somehow through the years I got tired of trying to please you. I know you loved me. Your world revolved me. And I loved you too. Even now! But sometimes love is not just enough. People need their dreams and happiness too to move forward. I was unhappy for long. I waited for you to figure it out, but somehow you never did.

What we both wanted out of my life was poles apart. When I wanted to travel for a living you wanted me to live my life in a cubicle. When I wanted to enjoy the bachelorette life for some time, you decided it was time for me to settle down. When I said I wanted to marry that boy, you figured out he was not good for my secure future. Somehow everything I wanted was not good enough for you. You were always concerned about my secured future but never about my happiness. Why my happiness were never your priority?

When you decided to take each decisions of my life according to your will, you were changing the kaleidoscope of my life from colorful to gray to dark. I thought it might rotate itself to show more colors again. But no. You made sure it didn’t.

I can’t take it anymore. If I stay here for long, I might lose myself forever to some dark ditch from where I might never come back. I am going. Going to live my life atlast. Going behind my passion. Going chasing my dreams and rotating the kaleidoscope of my own life back to its true colors. I need that Ma. I seriously need to get away from your loving clutches. 

Hope you’ll understand me.

Take care of yourself. 

Yours Daughter. 




5 comments :

  1. True. Sometimes even love can become a prison. Parents, especially India parents (I have noticed) tend to be too over-protective and possessive of their kids.
    - Chicky @ www.mysteriouskaddu.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A thought provoking post that only evolved minds need to understand. What matters is our dreams and staying put dilute our love for Maa and Paa. We need to get out of the cocooned safety net to find ourselves.
    Brilliantly done:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, very intense request for freedom to live life.
    Beth Lapin
    bethlapinsatozblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I am so glad she took that parents. While parents brought children into the world, they do not own their lives.

    ReplyDelete