Monday, July 24, 2017

The One That Got Away


If I say “I miss you" that would be an understatement.
I miss the fact that you're missing life and the things that might have happened in your life.
I miss seeing your face pop up in my social media.
I miss your existence.
And that sneaks hatred into me.
I hate that you would remain ageless when the world beneath you grows old.
I hate to see the world moving on without you, and there's absolutely no chaos in that.
I hate the conversations where I get to listen nothing.
I hate the mornings when I feel grumpy missing your physical being
I hate the nights when I miss your warmth.
I hate that you haunts me every day without my permission.
I hate that you got away from me.
All because …

I miss you. 


Linking this to #FridayReflections 





18 comments :

  1. This is sad on so many levels. The people we love, even after they move on, remain in our memories, just remembering their love for us will always evoke warmth within us and is it not proof enough that they are still within us? :) At least, that is the thought I find comfort in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. They're always around just invisible.

      Delete
  2. What a heartwarming poem, that touches the soul and lights a fire. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I hate the conversations where I get to listen nothing."

    Yeah. That's there. I can relate to that from long back, SSJ.

    Good post to break the block. Now the next one will be better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silence is the most torturing part, nah?

      Thanks Vins
      ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

      Delete
  4. I hate that you would remain ageless ...when the world beneath you grows old!
    These lines!
    Sad poem but so well written!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so poignant. Missing someone invokes a lot of memories and emotions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true Vinitha. They reminds us of some beautiful forgotten memories.

      Delete
  6. This is heartbreakingly beautiful. We never do stop missing people who're gone.

    PS: Glad to see that you are back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tulika. I am also so glad to be back.
      ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

      Delete
  7. Missing someone dearly is a terrible feeling. They haunt us continuously with their memories even when we don't want to think about them, rendering us helpless.
    I loved reading the lines you have written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But their memories keeps us moving too.

      Thank you so much. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

      Delete
  8. This is so poignantly beautiful on so many levels! The pain of loss is an almost physical thing.

    ReplyDelete